Professional Licensure: VA, WV, PA, MD, FL
Jim delivers an energetic and well thought out approach to each of his design projects. The professional presentation of each of his designs, combined with his extensive background in heavy and light commercial structural design, using state-of-the-art structural software, has proven successful in satisfying clientele.
While working in Virginia, Jim has provided commercial and residential design services in Charlottesville, Staunton, Richmond, Williamsburg, Augusta County, Lexington, Roanoke, Salem and Chesterfield County. Mr. Schnitzhofer is the past Education Committee Chair for the Historic Staunton Foundation Board of Directors and the current Treasurer for the American Society of Civil Engineers in Charlottesville.
While playing in Charlottesville, Jim enjoys working on his house, philosophizing about the “Why” of almost anything and everything, and hanging out in the back yard with his 16 year old Golden Retriever, Jax.
View his LinkedIn profile here.
- Board of Directors – Education Committee Chair (Past): Historic Staunton Foundation
- Member: Associated General Contractors of Virginia (AGCVA)
- Member: American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Member: Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)
- Member: American Society of Civil Engineers (National)
- Treasurer: American Society of Civil Engineers (7 years Blue Ridge Branch)
- Member: American Institute of Steel Construction
- Member: Association of Preservation Technology International
- Member, Past Guest Speaker Chair: Association of Young Professionals of Augusta County
- Member, Past Board Member: City of Staunton Board of Building Code Appeals
- Outside DSD Supporter: Staunton Downtown Development Association
- NCEES Member and Record Holder